The position is a part-time position (20-30 hrs per week) with the potential of being expanded to a full-time position in the future. Compensation is commensurate with experience, but entry level individuals will also be considered.
Interested applicants should send a cover email explaining why you are interested in the position along with a work resume related to office management experience attached in PDF format. The email should be sent to Noel Koran, General Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only respond to emails with resumes. Please do not call the office with questions.
Applicants should respond by June 14. Interviews will take place in the last half of June.
Job Title: Tacoma Opera Executive Assistant
Reports To: General Director
In conjunction with the General Director and the Board of Directors, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Opera office. This will include managing monthly office expenses, preparing weekly income and expense reports for the General Director, assisting in the management of annual subscriptions and individual donations. S/he will also assist in the management of various fundraising and social events for the company.
• Manage monthly expenses in conjunction with the General Director
• Maintain all business licenses pertaining to the company’s 501(c)(3) status
• Be the office liaison for Patrons, Individual Donors and Gifts
• Be the office liaison for Company Fundraising Events throughout the Season
o Fundraiser #1 – Annual Auction – Fall
o Fundraiser #2 – Gala Dinner – Winter
o Fundraiser #3 – Walkathon/Social – Summer
• Maintain regular office hours as assigned by the General Director
• Other Administrative Duties as Assigned
• Highly motivated individual in the promotion of the Live Performing Arts (not necessarily in Opera, but a preference for Opera is a plus)
• Training in Arts Administration Management a major plus
• PC skills in MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
• Good organizational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Outgoing and pleasant personality with patrons and the general public
• Prior experience working in a non-profit arts organization preferred, but not required
• Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software a plus
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Hours: 20 – 25 Hours per week with the possibility of expansion to full-time
Start Date: Mid July or August 2019